Period 1500 BC – 400 AD had been remarkable period for the beginning of mathematics. Following major things related to mathematics happened in this period:
- People having major contributions like Baudhayana, Pythagoras,Euclid, Archimedes, etc were born in this period
- It had been remarkable period for Geometry. Book ‘The Elements’ was written by Euclid by providing information and definitions from smallest things used like a point, a line,etc to 3 dimensions, solid geometry, etc. Hence Euclid even today is considered as “Father of Geometry”. Other mathematicians also contributed providing very important concepts and theorems.
- Meaning of 0 as ‘nothing’ was first since in this period but still 0 was not invented.
- Mayans did had 0 but their place value system was not correct and because of their secluded location they had no impact on Europeans, Asians and Africans.
- Brahmi Numerals from India started their journey of conversion to the numbers we use today.
- Applications of mathematics was seen in this period. Archimedes used his vast knowledge of Mathematics to fight against Romans.