Shortcut method of multiplication in Vedic Mathematics (when Nikhilam sutra/method cannot be applied i.e. numbers are not closer to power of 10 but are closer to each other)
Various Forms(Proportion/Ratio). Eg: 2 can be written as 2 OR 4/2 OR 16/8 OR 1*2 OR 0.5*4 , etc.
Stuff you need to know before starting:
Before starting with Anurupyena multiplication tricks , I recommend you to go through the 2.Vinculum Process and Nikhilam Sutra of Multiplication. This 2 techniques will help you to understand Anurupyena.
Specific Condition Required:
- Anurupyena sutra multiplication is used whenever both numbers are not closer to power of 10(10, 100, 1000, etc) and hence applying Nikhilam Method is not simple.
- But if numbers are closer to multiples of 10’s (i.e. closer to each other) and their difference are easy to multiply then we can apply this Anurupyena Technique.
Also Read => More Vedic Mathematics Sutras for Multiplication.
- Working Base(W.B.) concept: If numbers are closer to 60, we take working base as 60 (10X6) instead of 100. Here factor is 6. If numbers are closer to 50, we can take working base as 50 (10X5) OR 50 (100/2), etc, here factors are 5 and 2 respectively
- Apply concept of Nikhilam as usual.
- Mutiply/divide by the SAME factor used in 1st step. i.e. W.B. is obtained by multiplication of factor then Mutiply else divide.
Watch below Video on Anurupyena multiplication tips: